2001 – 2011
The Biltmore Hotel
USSI was originally retained to repair the tower portion of the hotel in 2001, which was completed in 2005. The Biltmore extended the services of USSI to provide the 40-year structural recertification for the entire hotel
property. Subsequent to the findings, USSI commenced the full restoration of the entire hotel property.
Services include the following:
- Structural analysis and design.
- Preparation of concrete repair and restoration specifications.
- Preparation of structural drawings and calculations.
- Coordination with City of Coral Gables Building Department and Municipal Inspector.
- Coordination and consultation with owner and Historical Department.
- Assistance to owner developing quantities, budgets, reviews of contracts, and contractor selection.
- Review of shop drawings and structural submittals, including steel, material specs, steel rails and pre-cast items.
- Review and inspection of shoring and re-shoring plans.
- Threshold inspections during the entire construction process, including site observations, maintenance of inspection log and preparation of written reports.