The Freedom Tower – Cupola & Weathervane Repairs
Scope of work included structural engineering services for the restoration and repairs of the existing cupola and weather vane for the Freedom Tower, located in Downtown Miami, Florida.
Services include the following:
- On-site evaluation of existing conditions and deterioration.
- Structural analysis and design.
- Preparation of concrete and structural steel, repair and restoration specifications.
- Preparation of structural drawings and calculations.
- Coordination with City of Miami Building Department and Municipal Inspector.
- Coordination and consultation with MDC internal review and Historical Department.
- Review of shop drawings and structural submittals, including steel, material specs, steel and pre-cast items.
- Review and inspection of shoring and re-shoring plans. .
- Threshold inspections during the entire construction process, including site observation, maintenance of inspection log and preparation of written reports.
2008 – 2010
Miami Dade College
Dooley Mack, Inc.